Angel Hair Pasta with Arugula and Prosciutto
This could be one you save for a special occasion. On the other hand, it is so good you may want to make it on every trip. Either way, the presence of fresh arugula, parmesan and pine nuts will definitely cement your reputation as the backcountry gourmet chef among your backpacking friends.
PRO TIP #1: have them bring the wine in a Pack Tap.
PRO TIP #2: X-Cups, X-Mugs and X-Bowls have graded measurements molded into the inside surfaces. Delta Spoons are exactly 1 tablespoon.
1 cup/250ml = 1 X-Cup 1 tbsp/15ml = 1 Delta Spoon 2 cups/500ml = 1 X-Mug 3 tsp = 1 Delta Spoon
Contains meat (could be made vegetarian by omitting prosciutto)
Serving size: 2
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 5 oz angel hair pasta (about 1/3 of a 16 oz package)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil, plus more to taste
- 1-2 cups arugula
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced or finely grated
- 2-3 oz thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1/3 cup pine nuts (optional: these could be toasted with garlic and arugula
- Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add pasta and cook in an Alpha Pot for about 4-5 minutes, or until firm. Drain.
- While pasta is cooking, heat oil in an Alpha Pan or Alpha Pot over medium-low heat.
- Saute garlic and arugula in olive oil for 3-5 minutes. Add prosciutto.
- Mix pasta with garlic, arugula and prosciutto - heat through.
- Add parmesan and pine nuts to finish. Serve warm with fresh black pepper to taste.
Prep at home: Rinse, drain and dry the arugula and pack in an X-Seal & Go with a paper towel to keep dry and fresh in your pack.