Ultra-Sil Compression Dry Sack
BEST USE: Backpacking
WATERPROOF? The body of the dry sack is more than adequately waterproof (2000 mm hydrostatic head) for the intended use (storage inside a backpack or duffle).
DIMENSIONS: 6 x 14 inches
WEIGHT: 2.3 oz | 56g
Shipping & Returns
Free standard delivery in Australia for orders over $49.99*.
For all other orders under $49.99, we charge a flat fee of $10.00 for standard delivery in Australia. We do not ship to an address outside of Australia.
The standard delivery time is 10 Business Days depending on your location. For more details, check out our Shipping Policy.
If you are not entirely satisfied with your order, you may be entitled to a refund of the purchase price of the Product. For more details, please check out our Refund Policy.
The Ultra-Sil Compression Dry Sack is a super lightweight dry sack designed to compress bulky clothing or other squishable gear that lives inside your pack. Made from Ultra-Sil 30D CORDURA® Nylon fabric with an eVent® fabric base, the air can be rolled out but can't get back in. It's an ideal option for use inside a backpack during longer lightweight hikes, cycle touring and any activity where you need to maximize pack space by compressing your bulky items to one-third of their volume. It employs waterproof seams, a hypalon roll-top, non-wicking closure and is super lightweight.
An incredibly lightweight yet durable fabric used in a large number of Sea to Summit products. This 30 denier Nylon is made with CORDURA® yarns for strength, woven into a ripstop pattern. Two versions of the fabric are used:
- Water-resistant products (such as the Ultra-Sil Stuff Sacks) are siliconized on both sides for ultimate packability
- Waterproof products (such as the UltraSil Dry Sack are) siliconized on the outside and PU-coated on the inside to allow seam taping.
- Both versions have a hydrostatic head greater than 2000mm – which makes them more than adequately waterproof for the types of environments they are intended for.
eVent fabric is an air-permeable, waterproof laminate used in two different functional areas in Sea to Summit products:
- In the base of our best-selling eVent Compression Dry Sacks, Evac Dry Sacks and Ultra-Sil Compression Dry Sacks. In this application, the laminate utilizes a 40 denier nylon face fabric: the material allows air to be pushed out of the dry sack/compression dry sack but prevents water from entering. This means you can compress the air out of a dry sack without needing a purge valve! In the upper section of our Quagmire and Alpine Gaiters. In this application, the laminate utilizes a 70 denier nylon face fabric. The material allows perspiration to pass through easily but prevents external water from entering. The result: waterproof protection and superior breathability!
Cordura® is a special type of nylon yarn used for its strength. These yarns are used in two different product areas:
- In the siliconized Ultra-Sil fabrics used in Ultra-Sil Dry Sacks, Stuff Sacks, Compression Sacks, Pack Covers, Travelling Light and Travel Essentials products
- In the foot section of the extremely tough eVent® Quagmire Gaiters.
Best UseBackpacking, Hiking & Bike Packing
ClosureWaterproof roll-top closure with lid and compression straps
Material(s)Ultra-Sil nylon body and eVent fabric base
MeasurementLength - measured with roll-top closure open Volume - measured with closure rolled 3 times
Repair Buckle Size5/8in | 15mm (2-Pin)
ShapeCylindrical with round base for easy packing
|XXS / 3.3 litre||XS / 6 litre||S / 10 litre||M / 14 litre||L / 20 litre|
Frequently Asked questions
A good choice for a tent storage bag?
Perhaps. Carrying the tent canopy in your pack (with the poles under the compression straps) is a great idea. However - the canopy may not compress that much.
Worth their weight and cost?
Once you have experienced modular packing with ultralight compression sack you’ll wonder how you ever lived without them.
The body of the dry sack is more than adequately waterproof (2000 mm hydrostatic head) for the intended use (storage inside a backpack or duffle).